Favorite foods this blog challenge keeps getting interesting so here is a list of my ten favorite foods in no particular order:
- Chips and salsa. I could make a meal out of chips and salsa! I could eat Mexican a few times a week; that’s how much I love it. My favorite place to go is Mi Cocina de Amor the best Mexican restaurant in town, in my opinion, with the best chips and salsa..yum!
- French Fries..love ’em.
- Fresh baked bread..I switched to wheat bread years ago..but every once in awhile I gotta have hot fresh baked bread with butter.
- My chicken Alfredo..I can make a mean homemade Alfredo sauce
- My grandmothers sugar plum pudding…she only makes this at the holidays. Since she is 92 she has someone else make it under her supervision. It is too die for! I have to confess I tried to make it; mine does not turn out as good as hers even under her supervision. Bummer. I also don’t eat as much of it as I used to because it’s so rich. Sacrifices come with lifestyle changes.
- Strawberry ice cream
- A good prime rib
- It’s not quite a favorite but I’m learning to like it since I started making food changes..fresh salmon. I’ve learned how to fix it so that it doesn’t taste bad 🙂
- Baked sweet potatoes the way my grandmother fixes them..the best!
- I know a there are many who don’t like hot dogs…but there is nothing like a West Virginia hot dog.
I’ve made a lot of changes in my diet since I started running and for other health reasons as well. Moderation is key as well as portion size; I’ve been able to do this particularly during the holidays. I haven’t had the large helping size plate the last few holiday seasons I usually have a small plate with small portions. To which my grandmother always says “did you get enough to eat?” She’s from the old school and worries about everyone eating; of course she’s 92 and has lived through more than I will ever know or experience so I get it.