Well I never thought when I started this blog I would be nominated for any awards. On SundayAshely Dailey nominated me for award of sorts; maybe it’s all in fun but it’s cool just the same. I was unable to reply the day she did this because I was ill but I’m on the mend so thanks Ashely!!
RULES OF THE AWARD:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated
them and provide the link to the post you created.
How my blog started:
I started my blog when I started running almost two years ago. It was a way to hold myself accountable, to keep track of my progress and to tell the story of my journey to completing my first 5k. It was my online journal. Through the process I found this way cool running community much like I did in real life, a community of supportive runners who were just as excited about me reaching my goal as I was; that was a surprise. I never thought I would have people read it and then follow it. Totally grateful for the support and the accountability. One of my posts is still used by the training coach for his new runners, never in a million years did I ever think my journey would be used to inspire other new runners. Once I completed the 5k, I kept the blog going with other 5k’s and used the same format to keep myself accountable for my training for my first half-marathon. Again the support from the online running community in addition to the real life community was fabulous.
My advice for new bloggers:
- Keep it real and be yourself. I think people respect authenticity especially in a FB world where people tend to be a little disingenuous.
- Have fun and write about what interests you, even when it’s not that pretty. 🙂
This was a pretty cool thing..so have some fun.. 🙂